Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"R" is for reality by from my wicked ways to turning a phrase

Jenny Matlock

Mental ruminations spark cerebral imaginations, while cutting out inner
conversations, with my own reality.
Do I listen to the cacophony of the oral symphony, or ignore it,
because it's not really me?

Do I believe the mental imagery, or go back
to actual physical activity?
Do I embrace what only I can see, or
join the flock with abandoned empathy?

I long to live in my created world
of harmonic simplicity, but
know I must continue to live in reality.
......dammit.(sorry Ms. Matlock)



2 comments:

  1. I love the last paragraph of this! No apology necessary! Your poem really needed this.

    I feel really bad that so many miss what you write because of link problems.

    When you write your link, go ahead and hit publish.

    Then when you view your published post, click on the title. It will display it in the URL bar at the top of the screen.

    Highlight and copy the URL bar (in this case it is: http://frommywickedwaystoturningaphrase.blogspot.com/2011/08/r-is-for-reality-by-from-my-wicked-ways.html )

    and paste that into the linky!

    I can totally post your link for S if you like and it would help.

    I admire your work.

    Your honesty is painful but reads so true.

    Thanks for sharing.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great poem Im glad I clicked on the link to see it :-)

    ReplyDelete