Thursday, September 8, 2011

"U" is for Unity

Jenny Matlock
I pray each and everyday for peace and unity
for the whole wide world, not just for you and me
I wish everyone could see what others see
and bring a better sense of community

Through strangers eyes I would like to see
to know how others view you and me
To know their view of world peace
of the end of war,famine and disease

Through my own eyes I wish that they could see
to know we're not so different, them and me
That I only long for a better world in which to be
to live,laugh and grow my family

I pray each and everyday for peace and unity
for the whole wide world, not just you and me

8 comments:

  1. Very nicely written and I'm in complete agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful poem! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bittersweet -- you have such a talent for poems. :)

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    PS: See my U post here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from jenny's. i ope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely sentiments, unity is cool to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be great if we could understand each other more. Thanks for sharing our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be a beautiful folk song. I loved the sentiment and the rhythm of this writing.

    What lovely word crafting!

    Thanks for sharing it!

    A+++++

    ReplyDelete