Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"C" is for....

Jenny Matlock

This world is in dire need of Courtesy
for rudeness and lack of manners is lately all I see
What happened to the days of respect and peace
replaced by talking back that will never cease
I was raised to show everyone common Courtesy
open doors for others with no need to ever thank me
It was just what one did for their fellow man
and never even thought of disrespecting a woman
They are to be cherished as the givers of life
not to be put through trouble and strife
A simple thank you or please goes a country mile
to make someones day and give them a smile
A smile that becomes instantly infectious
and makes the day better for the rest of us
this country is in dire need of simple Courtesy
so I thank you all for reading about what I see
The fact you read what my simple self writes makes my day
and I THANK YOU ALL IN EACH AND EVERY WAY!
thank you- Terry



11 comments:

  1. Oh yes, common courtesy is a good thing and I like to see it flourish...
    I think what's needed for courtesy to prevail is less self centered people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think genuinely courteous people are happier than those who aren't. :) It pays to be courteous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For certain!! There's no one more appealing than a real lady or a real gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree! Courtesy has become a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that people these days lack a lot of common courtesy. I was always taught that if you want people to be courteous to you, you need to do the same back. I always do my best to say Thank You and Sorry to other people, even strangers so why can't other people do the same? It's not that hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha, for bald a head tattooed bad(some would say)attitude divorced father of three boys who is blunt to a fault, I thought you had some pretty soft words to say about courtesy. Amen and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great message. We do need more civility, for sure.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoy courteous behavior when I run into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This world needs a lot more of courtesy!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's definitely becoming extinct, great write:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I hear ya on this one!

    This is one of the things that makes my blood boil. That awful language in front of any and everybody. And the just plain rudeness.

    I always tell kids to knock it off, but some of the looks I get scare me a little bit.

    Thanks for a thoughtful link to the letter "C".

    A+

    Loving your 'theme' this time!

    ReplyDelete