Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"G" is good

Jenny Matlock
I'm sometimes wonder if I'm all bad or at least somewhat good
like when I want to drive over people in the neighborhood
Is it inherently evil that I want them gone
or is it good for the planet as time moves on

Now I would never act on my inner designs
but maybe I could say that I never saw the signs
"children at play" is not a free pass
to run around in the street and act like an.....(donkey)

All I'm asking is it so wrong or bad
to rid the world of things that make us sad
or is it good to want to make our world a better place
and get rid of the worse of us and leave the rest with some space

Now this is a simple poem of amusing thoughts
even if it describes all our wants
we can't go out and "thin the herd"
no matter what kind of person they are even the turds

Good or bad is all relative to your perspective
all we can do is keep our kids protected
So remember friends its all up to you
choose to be what you are inside of you


10 comments:

  1. OMG, I think I can comment finally!!! It's like you are speaking for me on this one... LMAO! Great job hun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the phrase "thin the herd" as it relates to people. It does seem sooo tempting sometimes, doesn't it? :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is such emotion and drama in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the ability to control our impulses is what makes one good - at least I think so.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can exercise control but I would rather write some serious tickets!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem! I have to admit, there have been times when I would have such thoughts in my head, especially during morning commute rush with all the salarymen being rude and disgusting. But thoughts are just thoughts and I would never act on them either :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :0)
    You don't know how many times I've been tempted to run over those stupid signs in the street that say Slow Children at Play. Why are you labeling your children as being slow anyway? Don't judge me it's just an opinion....
    And no I haven't run over a child or a sign yet...Now their parents? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only time I have thought about running over people is when the Sundance Film Festival hits our little town. I wonder if a jury would send me to jail for thinning the herd of "celebs"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I once had joggers try to run a stop sign on a walking path when I was turning into my subdivision. They yelled at me because I didn't let them continue running! That really annoyed me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I'm totally digging the 'thin the herd' mentality. Your poem was great. I like how it stirred everyone up! Very cool.

    Thanks for linking!

    A+

    ReplyDelete